NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a comprehensive, fully integrated, healthcare delivery system that serves the greater North Shore and Illinois communities. NorthShore is committed to earning the loyalty of those who come to us for care and those who play a role in providing that care. Service Values which include: Exceptional Customer Service, Supportive Workplace Interactions and Professional Work Ethic, define the behaviors that each employee demonstrates with co-workers, patients and families, physicians, and visitors.
To learn about the many benefits of working at NorthShore, which include a supportive work environment that promotes professional and career development, recognition of our staff for providing excellent service and a competitive benefits package, please visit www.northshore.org/careers.
NorthShore University HealthSystem is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information. EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
We are currently seeking a Manager for our Sterile Processing department located at Skokie Hospital in Skokie, IL. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled on day shift Monday - Friday. On call 24/7 required.
In this role, you will:
- Provide hospital and affiliated facilities with processed materials and equipment ensuring a quality product for patient care
- Oversee all activities in the processing area and evaluate the performance of all support positions in the department.
- Schedule staffing levels to assure proper production of supplies.
- Manage the budget for the Department of Sterile Processing.
- Assist in developing and/or updating departmental policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Promote an environment of safety and quality through staff training and education on new instrumentation and equipment.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree and three (3) years SPD experience or (3) years OR experience; or Associate degree with five (5) years SPD or OR experience with certification or high school diploma; or GED with seven (7) years experience with two of the seven years as SPD or OR Supervisor Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution(CBSPD) or International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) preferred but must be attained within one year of employment
- 5 years SPD/OR experience and familiarity with surgical instrumentation
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience preferred
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a comprehensive, fully integrated, healthcare delivery system that serves the greater North Shore and Illinois communities. NorthShore consists of Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie Hospitals, as well as over 100 offices of the NorthShore Medical Group located throughout northern Chicagoland.
Further, NorthShore is committed to excel...lence in its academic mission and supports teaching and research as the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
Additionally, our Research Institute focuses on clinical and translational research, including leadership in informatics research and clinical trials. NorthShore Foundation seeks to obtain philanthropic support for ensuring the health system can provide advanced research and state-of-the-art facilities. At NorthShore, you will find that excellence is all around you.
Whether you are just starting your career or looking to make a career change, we are confident that we have a variety of positions that match your skills.
There are many benefits to working at NorthShore, which include a supportive work environment that promotes professional and career development, recognition of our staff for providing excellent service and a competitive benefits package.
We encourage you to explore our website to learn why NorthShore is the right place for you.