Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is currently hiring a Director for our Cancer Clinical Trials Office. The Director for the Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) reports directly to the Cancer Center Administrative Director, works in conjunction with the Medical Director of the CCTO, and supervises all CCTO staff.
The Director is responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of the administrative and operational structure to support all clinical research activity within the CCTO. This role will support and work closely with the Research Clusters and Disease Program Leaders of the CCTO in achieving individual programmatic goals. Ultimately supervises all nursing and non-nursing CCTO staff and works closely with senior staff members to plan, prioritize and implement operational goals. Ensures that all CCTO staff have clearly defined job descriptions, performance standards, orientation, and continuing education. Establish appropriate quality control procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and institutional guidelines. Serves as the primary point of contact internally and externally for cancer clinical trials. Assists in the preparation and oversight of various clinical research-related grants including associated network institution activities.
- Coordinates the function of the CCTO through formulating/revising and implementing the overall strategic plan. This includes development of operational goals and optimal operating structure, devising and implementing management strategies, quality assurance methods and developing and implementing standard operating procedures and processes.
- Serves as a member of the Dana Farber Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC) Clinical Research Operations Subcommittee. And serves as a member of the Investigators Oversight Committee, the Clinical Research Operating Committee and the Staff CCTO Operating Committee. Participates in strategic management meetings as needed.
- Works closely with the CCTO Core groups (Regulatory Affairs, Financial Analyst, Nursing Director, and Research Cluster leaders). Coordinates work flow and assignments to ensure the most efficient and effective use of personnel and resources.
- Chairs Staff Operating Committee responsible for development and implementation of training programs, new coordinator orientation programs, internal policies and standard operating procedures. Conducts periodic staff meetings to ensure staff is kept abreast of institutional goals, initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Works with Nurse Manager and Research Cluster leaders to determine administrative and data management staff needs as protocols are open and conducted in consultation with Disease Program leaders. Provides input on the feasibility of conducting new trials, any personnel conflicts with ongoing trials, and other logistical and administrative issues.
- Has the authority to direct and support managers with functional area responsibilities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: 51-100
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.