Provide administrative leadership by directly supervising the functions of the critical care nursing departments. Assures quality care is provided in a safe, convenient, timely, and efficient manner. Responsible for the retention and leader development, fosters interdisciplinary collaborative relationships, develops and implements strategic planning, goals, and leading initiatives. Supports Magnet and upholds the Hospital Mission, Vision, Values, Guiding Behaviors, Patient Bill of Rights, and the Code of Business and Ethical Conduct.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Creates an environment of shared decision-making. Promotes multidisciplinary collaboration on patient care and related issues. Collaborates with personnel, medical staff, various administrative staff, and directors/managers in planning for and providing quality and consistent patient care services based on best practice. Facilitates communication and cooperation across departments to ensure the standardization and continuum of care. Complies with all standards for safety, risk management, and infection control as required by enforcement agencies. F: daily/T: 15-120 minutes
- Develops, implements, and evaluates short and long term goals, objectives, policies, and procedures ensuring consistency with organizational goals. F: weekly/T: 30-120 minutes
- Leads and supports the directors in promoting clinical services, new programs, and engaging team members (including physicians) to enhance market share/expansion. Develops business plans and/or requests for proposals as requested/required. F: daily/T: ongoing
- Embodies and lead LEAN processes in support of safety and efficiency. Ensures applications and concepts are sustained in the nursing department. F: weekly/T: ongoing
- Supports engagement of leaders and staff in hospital wide process improvement. Incorporates measurement through transparency and dashboard metrics while working with nursing leadership to ensure the application of evidenced based practice in the nursing units. F: weekly/T: 2-3 hours
- Ensures nursing department goals coincide with the hospital strategic plan linking goals and objectives to outcomes. Communicates timely and effectively to ensures nursing leadership team is well informed concerning hospital plans and issues. F: weekly/T: 2-5 hours
- Ensures highest integrity for the business operations of the nursing department. Oversees the development of nursing capital and operating budgets through collaboration with Senior Leader making changes as necessary; presents department budgets to senior leadership staff. Strategically positions the nursing department to react effectively to unplanned circumstances, demands, and challenges facing the industry while creating revenue enhancements and cost reduction practices. F: daily/T: ongoing
- Oversees and supports talent development of the nursing leadership to ensure succession planning, mentorship, and coaching within the nursing departments. F: daily/T: ongoing
- Provides regular feedback to directors/managers concerning performance and ensures nursing department complies with timely completion of probationary and annual evaluations; obtains feedback from other directors/physicians concerning performance of departments. Communicates regularly to Senior Leadership. F: weekly/T:1-5 hours
- Reviews and analyzes statistical data to enhance productivity, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. Uses results to expand services and improve operations. F: monthly/T: 30-120 minutes
- Reviews and facilitates the approval process of departmental policies and procedures to assure compliance with regulatory bodies including both state and federal regulations. F: daily/T: 15-60 minutes
- Responsible for personal and professional growth and expertise by remaining current with state and federal associations, professional trends, and participating in community activities. Actively involved in a professional organization and share best practices with nursing leadership. F: daily/T: ongoing
- 5 years of general clinical nursing experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Analytical and fiscal abilities in order to administer complex budgets and short/long range goals.
- Support for professional and interdisciplinary research and educational activities through collaboration and leadership.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills to resolve complex administrative issues and effectively deal with physicians, peers, superiors, and subordinates.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an administrative team (physicians, patients/families, and others from the community) to achieve customer goals.
- Possess consultative, collaborative, and effective communication skills necessary to partner with teams in the organization.