Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Nutrition Educator \(1\.0, Days\) to work for the Bariatric Surgery Program at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
In this position you will:
- Participate in the accessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the bariatric surgrey education program at the Swedish Weight Loss Surgrey \(SWLS\) Program
- Educate patients about bariatric surgrey, nutrition therapy and selfmanagement in individual or group settings
- Assess patient's self\-care needs and his/her ability to manage the post\-operative nutritioinal needs
- Produce comprehensive nutritional assessments on preoperative and postoperative patients and caputure these using existing and future electronic medical records systems
- Apply the nutrition care process while teaching patients and families
- Formulate an educational plan, implements the plan and evaluates and revises the plan as needed
- Communicates information and coordinates patient care with appropriate members of the health care team\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors Degree in Nutrition Sciences or Dietetics
- Current national registration as a Registered Dietitian
- Washington State Certified Dietitian
- Minimum of four years nutrition experience, preferably one year in ambulatory care setting or community health
- Experience and comfort with teaching and public speaking
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters Degree preferred
- Certified Diabetes Educator \(CDE\) preferred
About the First Hill Campus:
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Education
Req ID: 151490