YOUR ROLE : In your pivotal role as Health Policy/Services Analyst II, you will be responsible for coordinating activities for: (1) STAR CRN, providing management and navigator coordination of a clinical research network and associated translational research projects, and (2) the Database Management and Analysis Core.
Coordinate HSR Database Management and Analysis Core Activities This HSR Database Management and Analysis Core provides support for acquiring, preparing, and analyzing observational data. The Core works with large observational databases such as administrative claims, survey, and registry data are robust platforms for epidemiological and health services, policy, and economics research.
* Plan, organize, and coordinate the Database Management and Analysis Core work flow * Ensure effective operation through program development, performance monitoring, process improvement * Receive and log requests for Core services including study design consultation; data acquisition, processing, cleaning, linkage, storage, reporting and analyses * Meet with the Core programmer and director to determine project feasibility and estimate of billable hours * Development and management of schedules for proposals and projects * Assist investigators determine which existing datasets are best for their project purposes and research questions * Facilitate application for permission to use and re-use biomedical and public health datasets * Assist investigators draft and submit research proposals, data use agreements, and IRB applications * Provide consulting services regarding the design, conduct and analyses of research studies and projects * Ensure receipt of all required documentation and review for accuracy and regulatory compliance * Ensure core research services are accurately documented and billed on a monthly basis * Develop and maintain DMAC website and presentations to communicate Core information to potential users * Develop DMAC policies and procedures, set goals and plans to achieve results
Coordinate Activities to Support Translational Research Efforts * Foster collaboration between team members, both internal and external * Use advanced research and data management and analytical skills to support research efforts * Maintain detailed documentation of research data * Prepares materials or drafts technical documents for publication * Coordinates intake process and project start-up activities/track across the CRN * Assist with preparation of funding progress reports and metrics * Connect investigators with resources related to translational research, including resources available through VICTR, the Mid-South CDRN, and the Vanderbilt Center for Health Services Research * Provide support for investigators doing translational research, including support for study design (literature reviews), study implementation (IRB application support, design of data collection procedures, support for data use agreements and other regulatory issues), and basic evaluation support * Provides administrative support for daily network management
Minimum Requirements: This position requires a Bachelor's degree and two years of related experience. Master's degree and experience in a related field are preferred.
Preferred experience and skills include but are not limited to the following:
* Familiarity with scientific, medical, and regulatory terms. * Advanced knowledge of ICH Guidelines, GCP, and FDA regulations. * Professional writing and communication skills. * Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. * Demonstrated ability using clinical trial databases, electronic data capture (RedCap), StarPanel, Stat Transfer, STATA/SPSS/R or other statistical analysis software, * Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Power Point, Excel * Ability to learn new software as required.
Additional Information: This is a full-time position.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
Department Summary :
The Institute for Medicine and Public Health at Vanderbilt exists to connect research and teaching with policy and practical solutions. We are charged with re-imagining and amplifying collaborations among more than 50 departments, 292 faculty, 208 staff, 110 graduate students, more than 21 centers, and all ten schools. The Institute reaches across the state, nation, and the global community to translate knowledge into better health. For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/medicine-public-health/ .
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 1908363
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.