Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years relevant experience
VICTR provides a broad spectrum of modern data and project management support services for research studies, quality improvement initiatives, and operational projects. Under direct supervision, the Health Information Systems Project Manager I will oversee small projects or phases of larger projects and is the research data expert for VICTR projects. This position will liaison with researchers to determine requirements and partner with programmers and database specialists to manage the project at the ground level. This position will manage some larger, long-range projects spanning innovative research topics as well as various small to medium sized projects of varying time frames. This position will ensure the appropriate staffing needs are provided for each project in order to ensure deadlines are met.
* Master's degree or higher (PhD preferred)
* Biotechnology or Biomedical industry experience preferred
* Bioinformatics experience helpful
* Technology development and/or commercialization experience helpful
* Project management experience with large studies and the ability to manage a timeline
* Excellent written and oral communication skills required
* Excellent organizational skills preferred
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Provide project management for VICTR, including application development.
* Develop high-level project plan - including specifics of technical work plans - and achieve buy in on task responsibilities and timelines from the appropriate team members.
* Define issue management and scope management strategy and achieve approval from the appropriate team members. Manage on-going consensus among project team and programmers.
* Define project objectives and define success measurements.
* Develop and communicate appropriate project documentation, including technical project overview, scope, team structure, status reports, issues management reports, change control reports, meeting notes, etc. as required in a timely manner.
2. Manage communication effectively for the data management project/program/center.
* Manages the development, editing and writing of publications, including brochures, content for websites, and material for other forms of communications internal and external to the center.
* Seek opportunities to disseminate news and information about the program to relevant audiences internally and externally.
3. Provide support to the Directors of VICTR including Research Informatics for long-range strategic planning for broadly defined coordination.
* Collaborate with VICTR Project Management, customers, and other members of the team in developing long range strategic plans and objectives.
* Assist in establishing program goals in accordance with the mission of the program, Vanderbilt and any
* Participate as a team member in designing and implementing program enhancements to improve effectiveness of the program.
About the Department:
The Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical & Translational Research (VICTR) is Vanderbilt's virtual home for clinical and translational research. Supported by Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Office of Research and the NIH-sponsored Clinical and Translational Service Award (CTSA), the mission of the institute is to transform the way ideas and research discoveries make their way from origin to patient care. VICTR functions to help researchers and clinicians do their jobs better by providing tools and support to improve the quality of research, publications, grant writing, and training for future doctors and researchers. For more information, please visit https://victr.vumc.org/ .
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments.
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 1913368
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.