Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. Across our seven states, Banner Research is at the leading edge in a new era of scientific discovery and innovation. Our dedication is to our patients to turn discoveries into new diagnoses, treatments, education, and prevention methods for diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, cardiovascular disease, and cancer.
As a Grants Management/Sponsored Projects Associate , you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the development, submission, compliance monitoring and reporting for all sponsored projects, including grants and awards from the NIH, DoD, Foundations, and other external funders. The Sponsored Projects team works collaboratively with research finance, operations, principal investigators, Banner Health's Legal Department, and other functional areas in support of all of Banner Health's sponsored projects. You will play an important role in identifying funding opportunities, maintaining compliance with sponsor regulations and facilitating communication amongst various departments .
To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Alzheimer's Institute (BAI) was established in 2006 as Banner Health's first Center of Excellence. Banner Health is one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the United States. Our team is uniquely, passionately and strategically committed to ending Alzheimer's without losing another generation and to providing an unparalleled model of care for families facing this devastating disease. BAI is committed to improving people's lives through excellent patient care and advances that capitalize on the best biomedical research. We intend to make a transformational difference in Alzheimer's research and care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supports the Sponsored Projects team by providing assistance with the development, submission, compliance monitoring, and reporting for all sponsored projects including NIH, DoD, Industry, Foundation, Philanthropic, and other solicitation requests. Assists with the creation, maintenance, and tracking of awards. Monitors awarded sponsored projects to ensure compliance with sponsor and organization regulations, prepares budget projections and assists with report submissions. Works collaboratively with finance, operations, and other functional areas.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assists with the preparation and review of proposals for NIH, DoD, Industry, Foundation, Philanthropic, and other solicitation requests. Responsibilities include project budget preparation, electronic proposal preparation, ensuring Banner, state, federal, and sponsor guidelines are being followed and identifying additional funding opportunities. Ensures that authorization has been received from appropriate staff before proposal is submitted.
2. Assists with the implementation, administration and reporting requirements on all sponsored projects. Assist with reviewing notice of awards and setting up the award. Keeps track of required deliverables and reporting requirements to ensure they are being completed in a timely manner. Review federal awards and subcontracts with the sponsored projects team to determine whether special terms and conditions are being met. Assists with the completion and documentation of risk assessments and regular monitoring reports for all subcontracts. Follow-up with subcontractors for compliance purposes. Monitors project budget and assists with resource planning to ensure resources are aligned with project deliverables. Assist with closeout procedures for federal awards and subcontracts.
3. Manages post-award activities including financial grants and federal clinical trials management and troubleshoots any issues with external sponsors and sub-recipients. Provides project budget oversight and management and analyzes terms and conditions of grants, contracts, and other agreements to ensure financial integrity and compliance with company regulatory guidelines. Monitors project revenues/expenses including time and effort reporting, subcontractor invoices, patient care costs, and follows-up on any variances.
4. Assists with the development of educational sessions and Standard Operating Procedures/SOP's regarding grant proposal preparation, electronic grant proposal submission guidelines, receipt of grant awards and close-out of grants. Assists with the continuing development and maintenance of applicable grants tracking systems and performs data entry.
5. This position serves as a resource for Banner Research staff. There is a strong emphasis on professional competencies, knowledge of pre/post award rules and regulations, superior customer service, team performance, and the ability to communicate effectively throughout the entire process.
6. This position works independently under general supervision, assisting with the pre-award and post-award functions of sponsored projects throughout the Banner Health System facilities. This position works with other departments to ensure compliance with all regulations and within company policy/guidelines. Provides management with accurate and timely information necessary to effectively manage sponsored project operations.
Experience typically obtained through a Bachelors' degree in business, accounting or related major is required.
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Requires an organized individual who can prioritize the workload to efficiently produce timely and accurate results under varying situations. Skills to manage significant amounts of electronic data through the use of a computerized office suite.
Healthcare accounting and research administration experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R7720
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.