Research Banner Research is at the leading edge in a new era of scientific discovery and innovation. Our basic and clinical research faculty turns ground-breaking research findings into new identification, treatment and prevention methods for diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Cardiovascular disease, Cancer and Orthopedics. We have an international reputation for our work and we provide outstanding access for patients to clinical trials. Our commitment to excellence allow us to make a difference in people's lives every day.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for handling key functions for research studies, such as participant consenting, screening, enrollment, registrations, and compiling and submitting data related to participants engaged in applicable research studies. Monitors study compliance and maintains a system for effective data flow associated with research protocols.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Maintains current and accurate protocol documentation and notifies appropriate individuals of pertinent protocol changes. Identifies and communicates important protocol and data management issues to appropriate sponsors.
2. Complete initial intake on participants for research studies. Determines participant eligibility based on study specific criteria. Verifies that patients have completed appropriate registration materials and maintains related records and information. Obtains and reviews relevant medical history with participants.
3. Instructs volunteers on protocol requirements and explains study procedures. Accountable for completing entire informed consent process, which includes proper consent discussion & documentation according to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
4. Ensures protocol compliance with intense monitoring of specific study requirements and schedules protocol related treatment and tests. Performs specific clinical duties as required per the research study.
5. Completes independent adverse event and concomitant therapy review with participants while also facilitating routine protocol visits. May also aide study coordinator in completing more complex visits.
6. Prepares and maintains a variety of documentation in assigned area of responsibility.
7. May serve as a backup, collecting and processing phlebotomy specimens for analysis using appropriate or specified equipment. Ensures proper labeling and obtains pertinent clinical and protocol information on request forms. Performs vital signs and EKG as appropriate.
8. Trains other Research Assistants in scheduling and data entry systems and in clinical procedures such as EKG, vital signs and phlebotomy.
9. Department level and patient responsibility. Some positions may have frequent interaction with patients, families, visitors, physicians, and related clinical departments.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES DIRECTLY REPORTING None MATRIX OR INDIRECT REPORTING None TYPE OF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES N/A
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS DP - Typical Direct Patient Care environment: (Nutrition Rep, Chaplain, RN) Able to stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, and stretch frequently. Possess physical agility and adequate reaction time to respond quickly and appropriately to unexpected patient care needs. Needs adequate hearing and visual acuity, including adequate color vision. Requires fine motor skills, adequate eye-hand coordination, and ability to grasp and handle objects. Able to use proper body mechanics to assist patients in ambulating, transferring in and out of bed, chair or wheelchair. May be required to lift up to 75 pounds. Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and bodily fluids. Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone. May require periodic use of personal computer.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Possession of basic knowledge as normally obtained by the completion of an Associate's degree.
Knowledge of basic laboratory procedures as normally obtained through the completion of three to five years experience in a health care setting, preferably in a research environment. Extensive knowledge and understanding of medical terminology in order to read, identify, and extract pertinent data from medical records and information. Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize duties as needed. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills.
Must be knowledgeable of data entry and computer programs associated with maintaining databases, spreadsheets, etc.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Prior experience in phlebotomy and laboratory specimen processing. Bachelor's Degree and/or Certified Research Certification
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APPROVED 07/15/2018
Internal Number: R11338
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.