Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
Banner University Medical Center in Tucson, Arizona is seeking a dynamic, action-oriented self-starter who is interested in advancing their research career. As a Clinical Trials Sr Manager you will conduct deep dive analysis and feasibility reviews for upcoming research studies to identify and mitigate risk from a legal, financial, and operational standpoint. Regulatory knowledge of clinical research conduct and health care operations is strongly preferred. This position provides flexibility in working from home with the occasional travel to Tucson location for meetings.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet(tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for managing research clinical trials and other studies in assigned medical service lines and/or departmental areas for medical facility based studies. Works with the Physician's Advisory Councils (PACs) to implement research strategies that enhance organization's ability to provide excellent patient care, attract excellent medical talent, and better serve its stakeholders. Also manages the operations of the clinical practice in order to ensure that continuous, quality, accurate, timely and cost-effective services are provided.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and personnel evaluations. This position also participates in the development and implementation of departmental goals and objectives in accordance with company standards. Directs the workflow for the clinical research staff.
2. Manages clinical research staff and individual studies (as study coordinator) in conjunction with Principal Investigators (PI) to ensure that studies are conducted in compliance with research protocol, research ethics and integrity, and in a fiscally responsible way. Ensures that sponsor requirements are completed correctly, accurately, and in a timely way. Implements strategies for research within service line and is principally responsible for carrying out those strategies.
3. Implements protocols for internally sponsored/investigator initiated studies, works with investigators and internal research resources to ensure statistical significance of study designs. For externally sponsored studies promotes (to sponsors) the advantages of conducting research in our medical facilities so as to attract beneficial studies.
4. Ensures the responsible conduct of research, the protection of human subject participants and that all applicable local, state and federal policies for research are followed. Facilitates clinical research studies and grants and assures that they are conducted using good clinical and scientific practices and are in regulatory and policy compliance.
5. Collaborates with providers and managers from other departments to ensure a high quality patient experience and the highest level of patient satisfaction.
6. Promotes the adherence to policies and procedures, standard practices of the profession, and related local, state, and federal laws. Ensures compliance for various accrediting bodies and government agencies and performs all necessary reviews, audits, education, and training to maintain compliant status. Serves as the Compliance Liaison in designated practices.
7. Works with research staff, patient financial services, and financial analysts to ensure that research related charges are billed appropriately.
8. May provide direct patient care which includes obtaining patient medical history, systems review, phlebotomy, EKG, vital signs, and cognitive assessment on patients. Maintains quality assurance on designated protocols. Collects data as required and assists in interpreting and evaluating results as required. Triages adverse events and communicates with the research physician regarding the occurrence of adverse events. Collects information regarding indicated medical follow-up with the subject and collateral informants as needed.
9. This position foresees and resolves complex problems and issues. Responsibility across the assigned medical service lines and/or departments, with external contact with regulatory authorities, study sponsors, pharmaceutical sponsors, and collaborative research entities. Frequent internal contact with medical staff, hospital executives, department heads, financial and administrative staff, and patients. This position is pivotal for meeting targets for patient and employee satisfaction.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge typically obtained through completion of a Bachelors degree in Biology, Nursing, or related field.
Five years of clinical research experience. Must possess medical or bioscientific, business, and presentation skills. Strong and demonstrable planning, management, organization, collaboration and analytical skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with others by speaking, reading, and writing.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Regulatory knowledge of clinical research conduct and health care operations is strongly preferred. RN license.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.