YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Grant Budget Specialist II at AdventHealth Orlando:
Location Address: 800 N MAGNOLIA AVE, Orlando, 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: FT Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Reads and interprets different funding opportunity announcements, including federal grant requests for proposals, in order to assist PIs, researchers and staff with inquiries in the proposal budget preparation and submission phase.
• Must possess the ability to create and monitor complex grant budgets.
• Coordinate the completion of all new grant budgets and grant renewals in collaboration with the Office of Sponsored Programs, Departments, PI and relevant staff.
• Coordinate with the appropriate Program staff to ensure that awarded grants are implemented according to grant requirements and objectives including (e.g., Time and Effort reporting).
• Maintain a high level of awareness of federal, state, municipal, and other agency grant requirements.
• Work closely with the Grants, Finance, and Department staff to assist with grant compliance and objectives.
• Communicate with PI, departments and internal grants team so that all relevant parties are aware of grant budgets in progress.
• Assist with the coordination of all required grant budget revisions in the renewal and/or rebudget of grant and other funding proposals.
• Works with subject matter experts and core services to develop detailed grant budgets based on PIs input and study/project needs. Revises budgets as needed to not exceed yearly grant disbursements without prior approval of department leadership.
• Creates, reviews, revises, and negotiates simple and complex research-related budgets, including carry forward, no cost extension, consistent with relevant sponsor documents, institutional policies and procedures, and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
• Provides assistance in proper interpretation of research funding opportunities, request for applications, terms and conditions, applicable regulations, and institutional policies and procedures to ensure compliance with sponsor and institution research policies (e.g., Uniform Guidance)
• Applies knowledge of federal regulations and policies on research compliance, i.e., human subjects, animal use, institutional policies on conflict of interest, etc., to ensure accuracy and completeness of grant budgets.
• Assists with special projects in research administration processes as assigned.
• Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Associates Degree and 2+ years of experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing, business administration, finance, healthcare, research administration or research-related field
• Advanced experience in Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, Index, etc.)
• Experience in grant clinical research budget development and negotiation
• Experience with coverage analysis, research rate setting and interpretation of protocol for budget development and negotiation with industry sponsor
• Knowledge of healthcare compliance and federal regulations related to sponsored research
• Knowledge of AdventHealth policy and procedures regarding clinical research
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Proficient in understanding clinical trial protocols and budgets for grants
• Able to interact with a variety of professionals in multiple hospital departments
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
• Attention to detail, organized, strong analytical skills, and self-starter
• Key focus on customer service, timely and appropriate communications, able to meet fixed deadlines, and multi-task high volume of complex workload requirements
• Ethical and diplomatic with an ability to provide excellent customer service
• Must possess proficient interpersonal skills to manage communication between Grants, Program, and Finance staff.
• Must be able to manage one’s time and prioritize tasks despite competing demands.
Certification by a professional research organization such as Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA), Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP), Society of Research Administrators (SRA), National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA), Research Administrator’s Certification Council (RACC)
The Grant Budget Specialist II, in collaboration with Principal Investigators (PIs), researchers, departmental staff, and other ancillary staff is responsible for developing complex grant and grant clinical trial budgets for new funding opportunities and grant renewals. Coordinates with other administrative and program staff to ensure grant objectives and costs are properly reflected in the project budgets. Negotiates mutually satisfying terms and conditions for Sponsors, Cooperative group, and institutional clinical trials when necessary. Reviews and analyzes clinical trial protocols or grant schedule of activities to determine appropriate cost allocation, resources, and adherence to all applicable regulations and institutional standards. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.